We, like many of you, have been struggling to find the right words to say. We are of course, a brand, but we’re a brand filled with people who care, people who are listening, and people that are committed to being an active part of the change we need to see in the world. Posting a black square today isn’t enough, we need to educate, donate, and commit to making long term changes in our society, long beyond when the topic is no longer ‘trending’ . A few of the charities we’ve donated to personally are the NAACP legal defense fund and the ACLU. We’ve included some links in our bio with resources on how to help.
EDUCATE - Adults
- Me and White Supremacy by Layla F Saad
- The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
- Sister Outsider by Audre Lorde
- The Fire Next Time by James Baldwin
- Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Locking Up Our Own by James Forman, Jr.